Types Of Workers’ Comp Benefits
Workers’ Compensation Benefits Available to You
Your workers’ compensation benefit is based on a formula that looks at the type of injury, your level of disability, and how long you have been (or will be) disabled. For example, if you suffered a back injury falling down the stairs at work, the insurance company will look at:
- The diagnosis of your back injury and the number of discs involved,
- The type of medical treatment required (surgery or no surgery),
- The amount of pain and diminished movement you are experiencing,
- How it affects your everyday life and your ability to work, and
- How long you have been (or may be) effected.
You may be able to receive payments for:
- Medical treatment (doctors, chiropractors, hospitals)
- Rehabilitative services such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, and other services if prescribed by a health care provider
- Medical devices and adaptive equipment, such as an artificial limb, wheelchair, a handicapped-accessible van, a hearing aid
- Travel expenses for medical treatment
- Lost wages (you will receive 2/3 of your gross wages)
- A partial or total disability
If you have not received the workers’ comp payments you should qualify for, contact the Law Offices of James H. Miller, Jr. As your Chicago workers’ comp lawyer I am committed to helping you obtain all the money you are due after an on-the-job injury or occupational illness.
You may qualify for temporary partial disability, permanent partial disability, or permanent total disability. Temporary disability payments begin if you are unable to work for more than three days. Permanent partial disability covers lasting injuries that still allow you to work, such as the loss of a limb, scarring, or disfigurement. A permanent, total disability means you cannot work.
I will protect your rights and interests throughout the workers’ compensation process to ensure that you are properly classified for disability payments. Contact my Chicago workers’ comp law office for responsive, effective legal representation in your workers’ comp case.
You Will Always Know The Status Of Your Case
I respond to client inquiries promptly and provide comprehensive status updates throughout.
Representing clients throughout Cook County & surrounding Illinois counties.
Are Your Financial Affairs In Order?
A basic estate plan is a great way to show your loved ones how much you care. I can help.